WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

INDIE-BAR - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* INDIE-BAR > Topics

Subject: I can see the future...
Replies: 6 Views: 2096

a_kid 5/23/2007 - 9:09:55
...and it looks very bright. In the next few months we can expect some really big releases from great artists that will surely keep fans satisfied. First up Interpol. 'Our love to admire' is the title of their alb*m and quite a bit has changed. First of all the b alb*m cover. Dark rooms and bright lites have been replaced by what looks like a safari trip. Theyve also changed labels after their deal with matador expired and the new alb*m will be released on capitol( parlophone in europe). But all of this doesnt mean the new alb*m isnt a departure from their previous work. Rather it sounds that they have taken elements from their early work and infused it into the sound of 'antics'. Ive been lucky enough to listen to 3 of the tracks and the next alb*m is likely to be more sucessful than its predcessors especially with the backing of a major label. The first single of the new alb*m is called 'Heinrich Maneuver' which ends up sounding like a mix between 'untitled' and 'slow hands'.Possibly the result of leaving the synths on throughout the song. Our love to admire is out on 9 july in the UK and appears a day later in the US. A fake leak has appeared. *

espada 5/23/2007 - 9:21:49
'Our Love To Admire' is going to be great. The first single is vintage Interpol. The fake 'leak' is a band called Cut City who sound somewhat like Interpol. *

a_kid 5/23/2007 - 9:24:46
Release number 2 is from 'the UK flavour of interpol', birmingham based band, Editors. I first 'discovered' Editors when watching the music vid to 'bullets' on MTV New early last year.Subsequent research lead me to find a highly talented band that has a bright future ahead of them. Last year i heard their set from one of the live UK festivals(not sure which one) on Lamacq Live where they debuted some new material and it appears that the new alb*m is going to suceed the first. 'The Back Room' was a spectacular release considering it was their first release and which was further cemented by their mercury prize nomination in 2006(which should have NOT gone to the arctic monkeys). The new alb*m is called 'An end has a start' and has been described as 'more ambitious' by the band. Unfortunately i am still in the process of acquiring a copy of the first single 'Smokers outside hospital doors'. (It leaked during a frenzy of public holidays, but i will keep u updated). And even if u dont like their sound take a look at their alb*m artwork. Its very engaging *

a_kid 5/23/2007 - 9:26:08
yeah the fake leak is called 'mammoth'. but mammoth is a song appearing on the new alb*m and its one of my favourites. btw i got a feeling that the new alb*m might receive a parental advisory sticker lol *

espada 5/23/2007 - 9:32:13
I also stumbled across Editors on tv (they performed 'Munich' last year on Late Night With Conan O'brien). I'm looking forward to the new album. They should have won the Mercury. As for Arctic Monkeys, they were robbed at the Grammys. *

a_kid 5/23/2007 - 9:37:17
Ok now back to my article which seems to be going on forever. I was gonna intro an irish ban called the immediate but i have just discovered they have split so i will do a feture on irish music when i get over it. 3) The really HUGE leak that everyone has been talking about is the new smashing pumkins. Last week US radio station played their new single called 'tarantula' which is now available to download on itunes. As expected the song has received mixed reviews from fans but im happy with it cos its still sounds like pumpkins and it stands out from all that other cheesy american punk emo rock stuff i.e. greenday-my chemical romance-red jumpsuit apparatus etc.etc. The new alb*m is called 'zeitgeist' .It will be released on the same day as the new interpol album. Oh and do not that the new band lineup only consists of half of the original band. *

a_kid 5/23/2007 - 9:43:18
And now some juicy mp3 links for those of u with pc connections: Tarantula:***http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/15/1081687/The Smashing Pumpkins - Tarantula (New Single From Zeitgeist) @256Kbps.mp3*** New editors: ***http://www.zshare.net/download/18112007f28fb3/*** New interpol: ***http://filexoom.com/files/2007/4/11/68765/Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver.mp3*** Thats my bday present to you. Over and out *

* INDIE-BAR Forum

Search:
topics replies

* INDIE-BAR

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search